Author Topic: Manufacturer of Andro Rasant.  (Read 1658 times)

Offline pingpongrob

• Need a Holiday
  • Administrator
  • Tensors Cant be Beat for Power or Spin
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Table Tennis
Manufacturer of Andro Rasant.
« on: February 17, 2013, 03:58:09 PM »
andro RASANT Tech-Talk (deutsch)

Offline RebornTTEvnglist

• Advanced Members Group
  • Roxon Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Manufacturer of Andro Rasant.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 05:40:13 PM »
Interesting Rob, I just wonder what they are saying LOL
1. Bty Gergely FH Roxon 450 2.0 Red BH CTT National Pogo Black

Offline Der Echte

• Advanced Members Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 01:41:18 AM »
The vid is a big this/that spiel about how they make the "Special" sponge and test each property of the sponge and rubber.

They talk a lot and do not say a whole lot we don't already know.
Can't touch FC Bayern!

Offline pingpongrob

• Need a Holiday
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 10:51:58 PM »
The vid is a big this/that spiel about how they make the "Special" sponge and test each property of the sponge and rubber.

Come on Der, isnt this what they all do. I mean lets face it Tenergy 05 has such a big reputation around the world for what - the big trumpeting that average players give it. The so called spring sponge, the so call best rubber ever made. No wonder Andro made a clip about how the rubbers is made, I mean I'm not german, but surely there must be some fact in the clip.

Offline RebornTTEvnglist

• Advanced Members Group
  • Roxon Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 12:38:35 AM »

Thanks Der, at least I get the gist now LOL

Offline pingpongrob

• Need a Holiday
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 10:41:57 PM »
What there trying to say is that a lot of work has gone into the development of Rasant,
They are showing the complexities in manufacturing such a high tech rubber.

Offline Der Echte

• Advanced Members Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 01:54:51 PM »
I am not discounting any of the material they are presenting, I just simply said or meant that the vid was nothing special revealing nor very entertaining/educational.

For the record, I have discontinued using T05 as my Fh rubber ever since they jacked up the price a couple years back. I have for 1.5 years running settled on Tibhar Aurus for my FH, another German TT supplier and competitor to Andro. Amazingly, Andro does not sell very well here in Korea. They are gaining traction after introducing Rasant though.

Still, I have seen a great increase in Tensor rubbers in my almost 4 years here in Korea. I would say among Amature players, it is almost 1/2 and 1/2 for Tensors and Tenergy share of market. The most popular Tensors here are Xiom Omega II, Omega III, and Omega IV, as well as Vega. Yasaka Extend HS is prolly the most used Tensor among new and intermediate players, prolly 'cause coach rams that rubber down their throats. I see some Palio and occasionall some Andro stuff.
Can't touch FC Bayern!

Offline RebornTTEvnglist

• Advanced Members Group
  • Roxon Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 04:13:23 PM »
I can't recall, have you tried Rasant Der?

Offline Der Echte

• Advanced Members Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 10:57:39 PM »
Only a quick hit from another club owner's bat. When I go to that club's monthly tourney and win 1st or second place, the prize is an ANDRO rubber, sometimes T64. I always trade it to someone for a whole bunch of *** match balls. I am very happy with Tibhar Aurus on FH and my BH rubber costs less than a sack of Peanuts.
Can't touch FC Bayern!

Offline RebornTTEvnglist

• Advanced Members Group
  • Roxon Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 02:40:15 PM »
Only a quick hit from another club owner's bat. When I go to that club's monthly tourney and win 1st or second place, the prize is an ANDRO rubber, sometimes T64. I always trade it to someone for a whole bunch of *** match balls. I am very happy with Tibhar Aurus on FH and my BH rubber costs less than a sack of Peanuts.

Ah well you have one on me then, as I have not tried Aurus. How would you compare it to Rasant?

Offline Der Echte

• Advanced Members Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 01:27:39 AM »
Rasant is an alien rubber from ESN that warrants more attention, but is not the silver bullet to replace Tenergy like performance.

I did not like it on FH. It does not have enough speed, even though it is marketed as a speed demon.

Aurus is its own animal for sure. It is a very hard sponged combo, but the topsheet brand new is like very supple wet leather. It catches everything. The throw is lower, but the speed is faster than T05. I play pretty much teh same style game using Tibhar Aurus and lose no few points, but my wallet is much lighter. iget 3 weeks out of T05 daily for 4 hours and at least 2 or soemtimes 3 months out of Aurus and I pay maybe USD $30 for a sheet of Aurus.

I just bought two more sheets of Aurus today at TAK.com HQ today along with some Tibhar Evolution. I tested the Stiga Tour rubber that is so hyped on the forums and have to agree it is a better rubber than their current offerings in terms of feel and keeping it on the table with great pace.
Can't touch FC Bayern!

Offline pingpongrob

• Need a Holiday
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 11:09:47 PM »
Rasant is an alien rubber from ESN that warrants more attention, but is not the silver bullet to replace Tenergy like performance.

Der with all due respect - what a load of crap, Tenergy is not the Yard stick for performance, its the yard stick for advertising Bullshit - Hype, players that are on big money use it, and the sheep follow. I have seen over the last 2 years, players replace the so called holy grail of rubbers with many rubbers from the ESN range.
I have wasted countless dollars with new sheets of Tenergy 05 on blades Versus the Andro Rubbers, and in all cases the Holy Grail of Rubbers does not perform any better. I've even had our Elite test it (Some sponsored by BTY and use tenergy), and they themselves picked the wrong rubber.

Now here's the biggest problem:

Players without the true abilty to test a rubber get on the Forums and compare everything to it.
Have a read of the posts made at Tabletennisdb http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/andro-rasant.html

What you will see are fantastic reviews, but a low score due to Sabotage.

If players just tried with an open mind, then they might actually find rubbers that suit their styles better.

Down Here in Victoria, Tenergy players have mostly been over taken by Rasant and other Andro, Donic & Xiom Rubbers - at an estimate I would say from the best players in all age groups is only 50/50 split, and in the Vets only the No.1 player uses it, the rest use Andro, Donic or Xiom.

In Japan from the survey that was done Xiom had 4 out of 10 best selling rubbers, note "best selling" not best using - there is a big difference.

Andro Finally made a great rubbers that out performs Tenergy 05 at the top level, and even better, they make variants that help lower level players reach their dream and ambitions.

Offline Der Echte

• Advanced Members Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 07:23:38 AM »
I don't use Tenergy anymore either. It seems to be the default standard to compare agaisnt. No one makes a rubber with the same performance or properties.

I am not a fan of Tensors yet, but they seem to be getting more well rounded every generation. If I was supplied with Hexer and Rasant, I could prolly adapt and make those my FH and BH rubber.

At the current time, I use Aurus as Fh rubber just fine. Even though not a Tensor, it is an ESN product likely.

You need not to say with such and such respect. Your opinion is your opinion and is fine without a disclaimer. You are obviously NOT making some attack on me when you state an opinion.

As for what your local crowd uses often, you are there and I am not. In USA, all the old-time pundits say use Mark V and Sriver. Here in Korea, where TT is a lot more frequently played and at higher levels, I have seen exactly ONE sheet of Sriver in use here. Omega II used to be the default rubber here, not it is much more diverse.
Can't touch FC Bayern!

Offline pingpongrob

• Need a Holiday
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 06:42:00 PM »
I don't use Tenergy anymore either. It seems to be the default standard to compare agaisnt. No one makes a rubber with the same performance or properties.

Der just like you don't use Tenergy anymore - how come its used as the standard to compare rubbers against. I mean lets face it, it wasnt the ants pants for you, and it certainly aint the ants pants for me. Little Fred doesn't use it and he's a pretty good player.

I simple don't get why people must be sheep when it comes to world champions. I bet I wouldnt run as well as the BOLT if I had his runners, and I'm sure not to fly like superman if I wear his cape....... so why compare - they are good enough to get the performance out of that particular product - most aren't.  Like a former top world class player once said whilst in Australia - most people cant use Tenergy Properly, and I'd bet money it limits their game.

On another matter - why did Butterfly release Tenergy 80, I think I know the answer.  Whats your opinion.

Offline Der Echte

• Advanced Members Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 11:58:13 PM »
Der just like you don't use Tenergy anymore - how come its used as the standard to compare rubbers against. I mean lets face it, it wasnt the ants pants for you, and it certainly aint the ants pants for me. Little Fred doesn't use it and he's a pretty good player.

On another matter - why did Butterfly release Tenergy 80, I think I know the answer.  Whats your opinion.

Moar Money. Churning is teh way in almost every industry to generate moar revenue.

By the way, I use a new generation Tensor rubber on my M. Maze blade. I can get by OK with that Tensor on FH. I currently use it on BH, but I normally get by just fine with a $7 BH rubber (XP 2008). My coach had a new blade she was using for lessons and said it was a new Champion model. Champion is of course the parent company of Xiom. it was one of those new fangled high speed carbon blades. She had Xiom Sigma on BH and she is a blocking devil. I tried it out and that combo of the Xiom carbon blade and Xiom Sigma I Europe was super! My loops had the spin, feel, control and pace of a new sheet of Aurus and this rubber must have had 50-100 hours on it.

On the M. Maze, it is not nearly as wonderful. Throw, pace, and feel are lower. it must be the blade. My new sheet of Evolution does not feel as good as it did on my TBS, which is now cracked.
Can't touch FC Bayern!

Offline Der Echte

• Advanced Members Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 12:10:31 AM »
As for Fred's FH rubber, Calibra LT, I tried it on a wooden blade and thought it was utter rubbish with only speed. When I tried it on the thin flexy Calix blade... Wow, what a rubber for a counter topspinning and hitting game!

I got a free sheet of that rubber once every 2 months and flip flopped using that and Aurus on FH. In the end, Aurus simply worked better for me, but man, a lot of rallies I was devastating countertopspinning using Calibra LT on the composite blades I like (Calix II and TBS)

I agree if your point is one can play a decent level without the Tenergy. Totally agree. When I could get it at a fair price of $50 USD a sheet, I liked it enough to pay that, but when the price went up to $80 a sheet, that was simply the end.

That blade coach used was The new Hayabusa Xi OFF- blade, fast, but flexy and controlable, kinda like a calix with more weight. It was super and a great match for Sigma. If coach gave me that blade and Xiom Sigma I Erope on FH and any rubber on BH, I could prolly play every bit as good as I do with TBS and Aurus or Evolution.
Can't touch FC Bayern!

Offline PocketRocket

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 01:53:11 AM »
I was using Hexxar before it was cool.

I only tried one of the very early tenergy's so i am not 100% on the new tech.

I now use rassant. I will soon use the hard sponge version because I prefer hard sponge.

This was the reason I disliked the Tenergy. It was supposed to have medium sponge and feel like it is under the effects of speed glue, but to me it didnt.

The only reason I use rassant is because it feels more like a speed glued rubber that originally had medium sponge than anything else I have tried.

Everyone has a preference, and mine is Rasant > Xiom Omega? > Tenergy...

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal